Monday, September 24, 2012

Cena con mi familia



On Saturday night, my two children and I decided we needed some authentic Mexican food, so we headed to West St Paul and had dinner at Los Arcos which means The Arch in Spanish.  We each enjoyed food such as tacos, and fajitas and my favorite steak with cactus and stuffed pepper.  We enjoyed mariachi music and a round of horchata which is a rice flavored drink sometimes with vanilla and in Guatamala and Mexico it always has cinnamon.  Here are pictures of what we ate.  My kids both speak Spanish so, we try and talk with the servers and practice our Spanish.  I have talked with my kids of the importance of learning Spanish and using it.  My daughter who is 16 has already discovered how useful Spanish is.  She applied for two jobs and was offered both and a big deal to both employers was that she spoke Spanish.  I am glad I made them both attend an immersion school.  I really think it will be beneficial to them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment