Monday, October 15, 2012

My class partner and my group

I realized as I looked back at some of my posts that I never introduced my class partner.  This is what I found out the first night in class:

My class partner's name is Julie Leitner.  Julie is from Little Falls, MN and has been in the Twin Cities for 22 years.  She has been married for 5 years.  She has no children, but has some nieces, who I happen to know as they went to school at the Adams Spanish Immersion where I work, and who she is very close to.  She took this class because she needed a humanities class for her bacholers degree in Customer Service Management, that she is working towards.  She works for Donaldson Co. Filters and can not move forward in her work without a degree.  She works mostly with Asian cultures in her work, but she has a couple of customers in Mexico she would like to learn more about and strengthen those relations.  He has already learned some differences between the Asian cultures and Hispanic cultures and their differences through work, but her knowledge is minimal.  She would like to learn the differences within the different Hispanic cultures such as the food, music, and lifestyle.

That is what I wrote from the first night of class.  We sit at a great table with some really great people as well.  Our group includes Barry, Monique, Michelle, Julie and myself.  We have been working on a project about Colombia for our final in class.  It has been great getting to know everyone and learning from them and along side them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment