Saturday, October 20, 2012

One Final Goodbye

Tuesday night's class was a bitter sweet goodbye.  It was really great to learn all about the different countries that the different groups had studied and then presented.  Everyone did a great job and it was all really interesting and the food was great.  However, that's not what this class has been about.
We had one final circle, where we were able to share what we had learned from the class and what we would walk away from the class with.  I will walk away with not only a better understanding of what the world is like, but the importance of me opening my eyes and experiencing it rather than hiding in my own world and missing out.  I have learned to ask questions and get to know others, because by doing so, I open myself up to new friendships, better understandings, and a whole world of opportunities and experiences.  I have learned that things aren't always black and white, and, what I may have been taught growing up isn't necessarily the right way or the truth.  And most of all, I have learned what great people I have come to know.  My class shared with me things about themselves that normally you wouldn't see in a class.  I think the feelings we shared with each other and the whole experience of the class, has left us all better people.  I am thankful for everyone I met and for the things they taught me.  I am thankful for a teacher who put himself out there and let us all experience life and different cultures the way they were meant to be lived.  I walk away from this class continuing on my journey to being a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment